Programs Including Specialized Dockets
The Akron Municipal Court is home to five specialized dockets and various programs which benefit our community and our jurisdiction.
Specialized dockets are courts that are dedicated to specific types of offenses or offenders and use a combination of different techniques for holding offenders accountable while also addressing the underlying causes of their behavior.
The Akron Municipal Court currently has the following specialized dockets:
- Mental Health Court led by Judge Annalisa S. Williams
- Family Intervention Court led by Judge Ron Cable
- ARCH (Active Recovery Creates Hope) Court led by Judge Nicole Walker
- Valor Court for veterans led by Judge Jerry Larson
- Recovery Court led by Judge Jon Oldham
- RISE (Restore Individual Self-Empowerment) led by Judge Ron Cable
The Ohio Supreme Court grants certification to specialized dockets when required written materials are submitted by each court, a site review is completed and compliance with certification standards is demonstrated.
- Peace of Mind led by Judge Annalisa S. Williams
- COMPASS (Compassion, Opportunity, Mentoring, Purpose, Assistance, Survival, Stepping forward) led by Judge David Hamilton
- Have Gavel, Will Travel
- Community Service
- Discretionary Rehabilitation Program (DRP)
- Family Intervention Program (FIP)
- License Intervention Program (LIP)
- Driving Under Suspension Probation Program (DUS)