The Akron Municipal Court Community Service Program is committed to helping restore communities and prevent crime through restoration, reparation and/or rehabilitation. In partnership with nonprofit community organizations, Community Service develops activities offenders can complete to fulfill their court-ordered community service obligations in ways that benefit the City of Akron residents and neighborhoods.
About Community Service:
- CSW (Community Service Work) workers are credited $10 per hour of work
- CSW may be ordered by days or hours
- Workers are typically given between 30 and 90 days to complete their assignments
- Workers must present all CSW documents to their assigned agency
- Workers must return all signed CSW documents to the Probation Department to receive credit for their work
- CSW extensions are granted by the Judges on Open Court Day