Spots Still Remain for Akron Municipal Court Wedding Opportunities, Including July Harry Potter Themed Weddings
In April 2022, the Akron Municipal Court announced summer wedding opportunities for couples.
Spots still remain for the following:
- Summit County Historical Society’s Mutton Hill | 550 Copley Rd. in Akron
- Friday, July 29, 2022 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Jon Oldham
- This date was chosen to kick off Harry Potter’s birthday weekend. Harry Potter’s birthday is celebrated on July 31 each year. Costumes and Harry Potter attire are encouraged.
- Hower House Museum’s South Lawn | University of Akron Campus | 60 Fir Hill in Akron
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge David Hamilton
- The Upper Lake at Richfield Heritage Preserve | 4374 Broadview Rd. in Richfield
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 from Noon to 2:00 p.m.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Nicole Walker
Appointments are first-come, first-served and must be scheduled and paid for before the date of the ceremony. Time slots will not be added once all appointments are booked.
Prior to the ceremony, couples must obtain a marriage license from Summit County Probate Court. They then must pay a cash-only ceremony fee at the Akron Municipal Court in the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center, located at 217 S. High St. in Downtown Akron between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The fee is $25 for those in the court’s jurisdiction, Akron, Fairlawn, Bath, Richfield, Springfield Township, Lakemore and the Summit County portion of Mogadore. There is a $40 fee for those residing outside the jurisdiction.
It is suggested to contact the Akron Municipal Court’s Chief Service Bailiff Patricia Williams at (330) 375-2592 to ensure space is still available before obtaining a marriage license or for any further questions regarding scheduling.