Notice for Those With Scheduled Hearings at the Akron Municipal Court
The Akron Municipal Court continues to update procedures based on the impact of COVID-19. The information below pairs with the news release sent yesterday which can be found here.
The Akron Municipal Court will hold limited in-person hearings beginning June 1, 2020 for the following types of cases:
- All Traffic Court initial appearances and misdemeanor arraignments are being held on the Mezzanine Level of the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center. Individuals who received a summons by mail must appear on the date listed.
- Felony arraignments and Eviction/Small Claims hearings will be held on the 7th Floor of the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center.
- For those in custody at the jail, arraignments will be held remotely by video.
Other pertinent information:
- Those who enter the building must be listed on the court docket for that particular day. Only the person scheduled to appear and their court representative, if applicable, may enter the building. No guests are permitted on-site.
- All visitors entering into the courthouse lobby are required to have their temperature checked. If an individual’s temperature reads 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, entry will be denied.
- A face covering is required to appear in Court and in the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center.
- Walk-ins for the courts are not permitted. Please contact the Bailiff for the assigned courtroom for further instructions. A directory of courtroom contacts can be found here. It is suggested that a court user call the Court to ensure permission will be granted to enter the building before his or her arrival.
- The Probation Department is working remotely at this time. Those needing to get in touch with this
department should contact their Probation Officer directly or use this directory.