Akron Municipal Court Updates COVID-19 Restrictions
The Akron Municipal Court has updated its policies and procedures related to COVID-19. These changes are effective immediately.
Akron Municipal Court courtrooms and court offices are located on the Mezzanine as well as the 7th, 8th and 9th Floors of the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center in downtown Akron.
Complete details are listed below:
- Court staff and members of the public who have been vaccinated are not required to wear masks when entering the court floors and when inside courtrooms and court offices located on the Mezzanine and Floors 7, 8 and 9. However, an individual Judge may continue to require the use of a mask in their individual courtroom.
- The Court continues to restrict access to the courtrooms to those attorneys and individuals with court related matters only. No guests are permitted.
- Social distancing protocols of six feet or greater will remain in place for the public visiting the courtroom floors.
- The Court continues to encourage the use of technology (telephone conferencing, Zoom, etc.).
- The Court will continue to sanitize public spaces, courtrooms and court offices throughout the day.
If court users have questions, they are encouraged to contact the appropriate courtroom or division directly. Contact information for all courtrooms and divisions are listed in the departmental directory.