Akron Municipal Court To Host Two Off-Site Wedding Opportunities in May, Including Star Wars Themed Weddings
The Akron Municipal Court is partnering with two local venues to host off-site wedding opportunities in May.
Venues and further details are listed below:
- Highland Universal Gatheringspot (HÜG) | 133 Merriman Road in Akron
- Thursday, May 4, 2023 from 10:30 a.m. to Noon
- These weddings will be Star Wars themed as May 4, or “May the Fourth Be With You,” is known internationally as Star Wars Day.
- Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope will be played on a screen as a backdrop.
- This is an indoor venue.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Ron Cable
- Springfield Township’s Springfield Lake Gazebo | 2491 Canfield Rd. (Near Route 224) in Akron
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- This is an outdoor venue.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Administrative/Presiding Judge David Hamilton
If a couple wishes to invite friends or family to witness the ceremony, we ask that the total number of guests be limited to ten guests or less than ten guests.
Appointments are first-come, first-served and must be scheduled and paid for before the date of the ceremony. Time slots will not be added once all appointments are booked.
Prior to the ceremony, couples must obtain a marriage license from Summit County Probate Court. They then must pay a cash-only ceremony fee at the Akron Municipal Court in the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center, located at 217 S. High St. in Downtown Akron between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The fee is $25 for those in the court’s jurisdiction, Akron, Fairlawn, Bath, Richfield, Springfield Township, Lakemore and the Summit County portion of Mogadore. There is a $40 fee for those residing outside the jurisdiction.
It is suggested to contact the Akron Municipal Court’s Chief Service Bailiff Patricia Williams at (330) 375-2592 to ensure space is still available before obtaining a marriage license or for any further questions regarding scheduling.
It was previously announced that the Akron Municipal Court will be hosting weddings on April 6, 2023 at the Goodyear Branch Library, April 24, 2023 at the Richfield Branch Library and April 26 at the Mogadore Branch Library.
All time slots for the Goodyear Branch Library and the Richfield Branch Library are full. Spots remain for weddings at the Mogadore Branch Library.
Dates and locations for June, July and August will be released in the near future.