Akron Municipal Court to Host Two Off-Site Wedding Opportunities in June
The Akron Municipal Court is partnering with two local venues to host off-site wedding opportunities in June 2023. Venues and further details are listed below:
- Towpath Tennis Center | 2108 Akron Peninsula Rd. in Akron
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023 from 10:30 a.m. to Noon
- Weather permitting, the ceremonies will take place outdoors on the Towpath Tennis Center patio. Weddings will be moved indoors if rain is present.
- Outdoor picnic tables will be available if a couple wishes to bring their own food or cake for their own mini-reception.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Judge Jon Oldham
- BLU-tique Micro-Wedding Venue inside the BLU-tique Hotel | One South Main St. in Downtown Akron
- Friday, June 16, 2023 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- This is an indoor venue.
- The venue will be decorated with colors representing Juneteenth.
- Judge who will be officiating ceremonies: Administrative/Presiding Judge David Hamilton
If a couple wishes to invite friends or family to witness the ceremony, we ask that the total number of guests be limited to ten guests or less than ten guests.
Appointments are first-come, first-served and must be scheduled and paid for before the date of the ceremony. Time slots will not be added once all appointments are booked.
Prior to the ceremony, couples must obtain a marriage license from Summit County Probate Court. They then must pay a cash-only ceremony fee at the Akron Municipal Court in the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center, located at 217 S. High St. in Downtown Akron between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The fee is $25 for those in the court’s jurisdiction, Akron, Fairlawn, Bath, Richfield, Springfield Township, Lakemore and the Summit County portion of Mogadore. There is a $40 fee for those residing outside the jurisdiction.
It is suggested to contact the Akron Municipal Court’s Chief Service Bailiff Patricia Williams at (330) 375-2592 to ensure space is still available before obtaining a marriage license or for any further questions regarding scheduling.
It was previously announced that the Akron Municipal Court will be hosting weddings on Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at Springfield Township’s Springfield Lake Gazebo, but all time slots are full.