The Akron Municipal Court Information System (AMCIS) will be unavailable starting at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, September 18, 2020 for planned upgrades and maintenance. The system will be unavailable for approximately 8-10 hours. We expect to be fully operational on Saturday, September 19, 2020.
The Akron Municipal Court Probation Office assists the Judges in a variety of ways throughout the criminal court process. Specifically, this Department assists the Court as follows:
- Conducts pre-trial background screenings and makes bond recommendations
- Conducts pre-sentence investigations to assist the judges in the determination of appropriate sentences.
- Supervises offenders who remain in the community under the jurisdiction of the court.
- Manages the Court’s specialized docket programs: Recovery Court, Family Intervention Court, Mental Health Court, Valor Court and OVI Court
- Conducts background screenings and determines eligibility as well as assists with management of the DRP Program (Prosecutor’s Office Discretionary Rehabilitation Program)
- Administers alternative sentencing programs to supplement traditional penalties. Community service, for example, can serve as an alternative to incarceration and/or payment of fines in appropriate cases.
- Restitution to victims of crimes also is accomplished through the Probation Department.